South Korea Additional Terms for Location-Based Services
If your country of residence is South Korea, the following terms additionally apply to you:
1. Location-Based Services
1.1 When you use certain features of the Airbnb Platform, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu. Airbnb may also collect this information even when you are not using the app if this connection is enabled through your settings or device permissions.
1.2 Other than the service fee, there is no additional charge for the use of location-based services on Airbnb.
2. Purpose and Period of Data Retention; Data Erasure
3. Your Rights
4. Retention Records Verifying the Use and Provision of Location Information; Retention Period
Airbnb automatically records and retains data verifying the use and provision of location information of users based on Article 16(2) of the Act of the Protection and Use of Location Information and this data is kept for a minimum of six months.
5. Contact Us
If you have any questions or complaints about the terms above or Airbnb’s information handling practices, you may email us or contact us at: Airbnb Ireland UC, Data Protection Officer, 8 Hanover Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland or email@example.com
- DavosIf you're thinking about becoming an Airbnb Host, here's some information to help you understand the laws in your city
- HostResponsible hosting in GermanyWe offer help for Airbnb Hosts to familiarize themselves with hosting responsibilities, and to provide a general overview of different laws,…
- Airbnb categoriesRead this article to learn about Airbnb categories and to understand the way to determine which category your listing is in.