- How-toReviews for staysOur community relies on honest, transparent reviews. Hosts and guests write reviews once the stay has ended.
- How-toReviews for ExperiencesOur community relies on honest, transparent reviews. Hosts and guests write about their time once the experience has ended.
- How-toWriting a reviewWant to rave about your recent guest or trip? We love that. Head to Reviews on a web browser to get started.
- How-toEditing a review you wroteYou can edit a review you’ve drafted until your review is published.
- How-toResponding to reviewsYou can post a public response to reviews that others leave for you, but you can't remove them. Reviews are only removed if they violate our…
- How-toStar ratingsStar ratings allow guests to rate your Airbnb stay based on communication, general cleanliness, overall experience, and more.
- Community policyAirbnb's Reviews PolicyOur policy helps ensure helpful, informative, and accurate reviews for guests and hosts.
- How-toReviews for Airbnb.org staysThese reviews work differently from regular stays—guest reviews are private and Host reviews are public.
- How-toTime frame for writing reviewsYou have 14 days after checkout to write a review for a trip. You can also send your Host a note using your Airbnb message thread.
- How-toCan I leave a review for my host if they canceled my reservation?If circumstances arise, and your host cancels your reservation, there are a couple of options available to leave a review.
- How-toWhy aren’t my reviews shown in order?Reviews are ordered based on several factors that are helpful for guests, from how recent the review is to the language of the reviewer.
- How-toWhy did I get a review that says I canceled?If a reservation is canceled, an automated review will be posted to your profile.
- How-toHow do ratings and reviews work for co-hosts?Reviews will show up on the listing page as well as the profile page for the listing admin.