How do rule-sets work?
If you have multiple listings, you may have access to features that let you to create custom pricing and availability rules that you can save and apply to multiple listings.
How rule-sets works
You name your rule-set, then add rules for how you’d like your nightly price to change when your rule-set is applied.
You can add the following rules to a rule-set:
- Nightly price: Adjust the price per night for your listing based on the time of year. For example, you can create a rule that increases your nightly price by 10% for dates during the holiday season.
- Length-of-stay discounts: Give guests a discount for booking longer stays. You can discount by the week, month, or a custom timeframe that you create.
- Last-minute discounts: Reduce your nightly price as the check-in date gets closer.
- Early-bird discounts: Add a discount for booking further in advance.
- Trip length requirements: Set the minimum and maximum number of nights that guests can book.
- Check-in and checkout requirements: Choose the days that guests can check in and out.
How rules are used to calculate your nightly price
Once you apply a rule-set to a listing, it will override existing pricing and availability settings you’ve set for those dates.
Note: Rule sets will apply even if smart pricing is turned on.
If your rule-set includes multiple pricing rules, they’ll be applied in this order:
- Nightly and weekend pricing
- Length-of-stay (weekly, monthly) discounts
- Early-bird and last-minute discounts
For example, this is how the price would be calculated using a rule-set with both a nightly rate rule and an early-bird discount rule:
- Nightly rate of $100 plus a nightly rate increase of 10% = $110
- $110 minus a 20% early-bird discount = $88
In another example, this is how the price would be calculated using a rule-set with a nightly rate rule, an early-bird discount, and a monthly discount:
- Nightly rate of $100 plus a 10% nightly rate increase = $110
- Early-bird discount of 20% combined with a monthly discount of 30%
- Total takes the $110 nightly rate and applies only the 30% monthly discount for a total of $77.00
After the price is calculated using your rule-sets, the cleaning and Airbnb service fee are added to the total reservation price.
Find out more about how to create and edit rule-sets.
- HostAirbnb-friendly buildings and directly listed units have different rules.
- HostLearn more about Luxe payout schedule and payouts in case of alterations to a reservation.
- HostDiscount styling, such as lower price badges or strikethrough pricing, may appear differently to guests in some locations, due to local rule…