Collecting fees outside Airbnb
For the most part, Hosts can’t collect any additional fees or charges outside our platform unless expressly authorized by us.
The exception is hotels and software-connected Hosts, who can charge and collect certain fees using a separate payment method—as long as they’re detailed in the listing and included in the price breakdown before booking. These include:
- Resort fee: This can cover the cost of amenities like pool, gym, or wifi
- Security deposit: A refundable deposit that can be used to cover any damage that occurs during the stay
- Cleaning fee: A one-time fee used to cover the cost of cleaning
- Incidentals: This can include things like valet, parking, or airport shuttle fees.
Hosts usually collect these fees before a stay, at check-in, or within 48 hours after checkout.
- GuestAll pricing information is included when you book a reservation using Airbnb. There are a few exceptions.
- GuestSecurity deposits can be required either by Airbnb or by Hosts. They can be based on the features of the place to stay and/or the timing of …
- GuestIf an Airbnb Host on the Airbnb site asks you to pay off-site or through another company, report it to us.